National Automobile Museum
10 South Lake Street, Reno, NV 89501
Price of admission: Members: Free; Adults: $10; Juniors (6 to 18) $4; Ages 5 and under: Free
Website - 775-333-9300
Hours of Operations: Monday - Saturday: 9:30a to 5:30p; Sunday: 10a to 4p
The National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection) set the standard for world-class automobile museums when it opened with its dramatic displays, in-depth historical interpretation and exciting opportunities for visitor participation.
Reno’s National Automobile Museum is ranked one of the “Top Ten” automobile museums in the nation by Car Collector magazine and selected as the “Best Museum in Northern Nevada” by the Nevada Magazine Reader’s Poll.
The National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection) features:
• One of the most comprehensive public displays of automobiles in the Western Hemisphere, with more than 200 cars.
• 105,000 square feet on one level, located on the Truckee River in downtown Reno.
• Architecture highlighted by smooth, rounded exterior walls with chrome trim reminiscent of automotive styling and contrasting reflective glass pyramids at the lobby. The popular ‘50s car paint color, heather fire mist, was chosen for the exterior walls.
• Four authentic street scenes, representing each quarter of the 20th century, with façades, autos and artifacts from each era.
• A multi-media timeline of events and achievements on each street chronicling the history and progress of the automobile.
• Complete technical, historical and anecdotal information displayed with each car.
• Changing Exhibits Gallery covering a variety of automotive topics from art to historical features.
Famplosion strives for 100% accuracy in all of our listings. However, we recommend checking with the venue prior to your visit especially for special holiday hours or event schedule changes.